Due to popular demand, Tata Steel’s Million Makers team are launching the Interdepartmental Sports Tournaments 2018 as they aim to bring in £10,000 for the Prince’s Trust.
The tournaments are open to employees and contractors and will take place at the Port Talbot Sports and Social Club on the following dates:
- Friday 20 July, 1pm – 4pm, Cricket
- Friday, 17 August, 1pm – 4pm, Rounders
- Friday, 14 September, 1pm – 4pm, Sevens Touch Rugby
- Friday, 21 September, 1pm – 4pm, Sevens Football
The entry fee for each sports are:
- For Cricket and Rounders: £7.50 per person.
- For Football and Rugby: £10 per person.
Number of players per team for each sports are:
- Cricket: 11 players per team
- Rounders: minimum of 6 players and maximum of 12 players
- Football & Rugby: 10 players per team
For Cricket, the deadline for entry is on the Friday 13 July
Entry fees include a meal at the Tata Steel Port Talbot Sports and Social Club with drinks available to buy.
If you would like to participate in the tournaments, please discuss with your line manager who is responsible for submitting a team for your department/works area or email Michelle Ahazie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alwin Thomas (Alwin.Thomas@tatasteeleurope.com) for more information.
Family and friends are welcome to attend and all money raised will be spent in Wales.
Please promote the tournaments within your departments using the posters available online